- All anglers must be in possession of a valid fishing permit & an environment rod licence before commencing fishing.
- Anglers on a 5 fish ticket must stop fishing once they have caught their 5th fish, if they want to continue fishing they should purchase a further ticket.
- When fishing catch & release, the first two fish caught must be kept.
- All anglers must complete their catch returns, so we can monitor fish stocks. All catch reports should be placed in the permit office or the boxes located around the lake, at Bessoms car park just across the cattle grid, by the style between Bessoms & the bridge & at Ruggs car park.
- Life jackets to be worn at all times when on the pontoon & in the boat, all life jackets must be returned to the permit office at the end of the day.
- Boat Anglers – No Trolling
- Boat Anglers to keep a minimum of 50 metres from any bank angler
- Fishing is not permitted within the nature reserve
- Fish to always be landed using a net.
- When fishing catch & release ensure all trout returned are supported in the water & allowed adequate time to recover
- If photographing fish to be released, keep them close over water at all times & keeping any time out of the water to a minimum
- Wading is permitted by bank anglers
- All wild Brown trout to be released
Additional COVID information & operating procedures for all anglers
To ensure we comply with social distancing and government guidelines, Wimbleball fishery will be observing some new operating procedures & ask that you respect them to ensure all our staff and visitors remain safe.
The permit office is open but We request that if possible you make use of our online booking system to avoid unnecessary contact at our permit office.
Please limit your use of the permit office, If you need to enter then Only one person at a time to be in the office whilst buying tickets & weighing in.
Toilet facilities are available next to the Permit office, please observe social distancing.
maintaining 2 metres apart & one person only to enter the toilet block at a time.
Please note although cars will be allowed to park or drop off in the area by the boat pontoon, once unloaded please park in the anglers car park, nearby as directed by the fishery ranger.
Our fishery ranger will issue you a boat on your arrival at the pontoon, please be patient & respect social distancing if they are busy with other anglers.
Please be mindful of others on arrival to the car park & allow time for others to unload. Where this is not possible, please find a space next to a vacant vehicle.
Please maintain social distance when on the boat pontoon & be aware of other anglers movements around the boats.
Anglers must maintain a distance of at least 2 metres apart when bank fishing.
During your visit you may need to touch gates and padlocks, it is angler’s responsibility to make sure they have taken adequate measures to maintain hygiene & have their own hand gels and sanitisers available.